The Right Side of History

A collection of writings that attempt to connect the meaning of the major and minor events and distractions of today to a broader philosophy of life that tries to strip away the non-sense, spin and lies to reveal something that is closer to truth.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bronx, New York, United States

We need to realize that we are all prisoners and the prison guards are ourselves. I am trying as hard as I can to divorce myself from my ego and this materialistic nightmare we have created and in the process awaken my spiritual self.

Watch My Videos!!

Click Picture PromoPaid WebPromoWhy PromoTeedo To View
Click Picture Kramer To View
Click Picture Arteries1941 URMyGirlWebPromo2 To View

Thursday, March 24, 2005

What Is Cool?

3/24/2005

Rat Pack

Backstage, after the gig
Carnegie Hall, New York - 1961









In 1961, young adults thought that these guys were the "cat's meow":
















By 1969, if you were "groovy" you looked like these guys:



Beatles 1969

Photo session for the album "Abbey Road"
Somewhere in England - 1969




In less than eight years we went from tuxes, pinky rings, High Balls, filterless cigarettes and mischievous grins to beards, denim, sandals, pot and detached bemusement.

I make no judgment. I kind of like them both. But I was wondering,

Do you still have your Mighty Mighty Bosstones Sugar Ray and Chumbawamba CD's?

Just something to think about the next time you decide that you got a handle on what's hip.

Sixth Army

1 Comments:

Blogger Noah Diamond said...

Very nice entry, and a good point. It reminds me of this quote from John Lennon's 1980 Playboy interview: "I don't mean to belittle the Beatles when I say they weren't this, they weren't that. I'm just trying not to overblow their importance as separate from society. And I don't think they were more important than Glenn Miller or Woody Herman or Bessie Smith. It was our generation, that's all. It was Sixties music." I also smiled at the quote from Love and Death in your previous entry. My favorite line: "I can't eat any food that begins with the letter F -- like chicken, for instance." Thanks for all your trenchant comments over at my blog, and keep up the good work!

3/31/2005 2:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home