The Right Side of History

A collection of writings that attempt to connect the meaning of the major and minor events and distractions of today to a broader philosophy of life that tries to strip away the non-sense, spin and lies to reveal something that is closer to truth.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bronx, New York, United States

We need to realize that we are all prisoners and the prison guards are ourselves. I am trying as hard as I can to divorce myself from my ego and this materialistic nightmare we have created and in the process awaken my spiritual self.

Watch My Videos!!

Click Picture PromoPaid WebPromoWhy PromoTeedo To View
Click Picture Kramer To View
Click Picture Arteries1941 URMyGirlWebPromo2 To View

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Vanity Fair





"The history of cinema is men photographing women."



- Jean Luc Godard




Vanity Fair - Scarlett







From the film Cold Mountain (2003):



The scene takes place in front of a Confederate military hospital in Charleston where Jude Law is recovering from a wound he received in battle.


JUDE LAW
Where'd you take your wound?

BLIND MAN
Before I was born. Never saw a thing in this world, not a tree a gun or a woman. Though I put my hand on all three. Couple of things I felt back there I'd sure liked to have had a long look at.

JUDE LAW
What would you give for that? To have your eyeballs back for ten minutes?

BLIND MAN
Ten minutes? Wouldn't give an Indian head cent. I fear it might turn me hateful.

JUDE LAW
That's sure what seeing's done to me.

BLIND MAN
That ain't the way I meant it. You said ten minutes. It's having a thing and then the loss I'm talking about.




Larry

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home