The Right Side of History

A collection of writings that attempt to connect the meaning of the major and minor events and distractions of today to a broader philosophy of life that tries to strip away the non-sense, spin and lies to reveal something that is closer to truth.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bronx, New York, United States

We need to realize that we are all prisoners and the prison guards are ourselves. I am trying as hard as I can to divorce myself from my ego and this materialistic nightmare we have created and in the process awaken my spiritual self.

Watch My Videos!!

Click Picture PromoPaid WebPromoWhy PromoTeedo To View
Click Picture Kramer To View
Click Picture Arteries1941 URMyGirlWebPromo2 To View

Monday, August 15, 2005

Et Tu, U2?




8/15/05

I know sometimes I can get a bit long winded so for this entry I will attempt to convey my point with a minimum of words. My opinion is the result of a slow burn for the past 15 or so years.




Elvis Elvis2

U2 NEVER achieved this kind of icon status.






Graceland

God knows they tried.
(Graceland - from "Rattle and Hum" - 1987)








Stoop

Interesting pose...






Abbey Road

...but it has been done before.








RoofTop

The Beatles did this...
A London rooftop - 1969






Vegas

...so U2 came up with this.
A Las Vegas rooftop - 1987








BonoPope

Oh, please...








Stones

The Stones did this...
Flatbed truck - NYC - 1975






U2 Flatbed

...so U2 pulled this.
Flatbed truck - NYC - 2004








Marley

Why was this man inducted into the rock and roll hall of fame...






Vox

...by this man?
What could possibly be the connection?








In conclussion:






Edge George Hat
They are NOT the same person...






BonoSunCity Lennon
Not by a long shot.




All I want is some truth
Just give me some truth
Sixth Army


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't uderstand what you're trying to convey in this posting. All I can "think" of is something about U2. Some guy smoking what appears to be a "joint," saying he was inducted into the Rocking Roll Hall of Fame. And who is the guy who "inducted" him that you showed a picture of? Is that Bono of U2? And I don't "get" the comparison of pictures. Is what you're saying that U2 did a lot of the same things, i.e., played on a rooftop, played on a flatbed truck, etc., mean that they too should be inducted into the Rocking Roll Hall Of Fame? Just a bit confused by your posting.

8/22/2005 9:41 AM  
Blogger Larry B said...

My point was that the group U2, specifically Bono, have tried by their actions to be considered in the same realm as true greats.

To me that is the height of arrogance.

As far as Bono inducting Bob Marley into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, I consider a great insult to the dead Marley.

What the hell does U2 have anything to do with him? For that matter, ANY form of Reggae? Couldn't the Hall find somebody more affiliated with that whole scene?

i suspect Bono jumped at the chance, hoping that some of Marley's reputation as a "spiritual" guy would rub off on him when he should of declined saying something to the effect of "No, I respect the music too much."

8/22/2005 9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home