The Right Side of History

A collection of writings that attempt to connect the meaning of the major and minor events and distractions of today to a broader philosophy of life that tries to strip away the non-sense, spin and lies to reveal something that is closer to truth.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bronx, New York, United States

We need to realize that we are all prisoners and the prison guards are ourselves. I am trying as hard as I can to divorce myself from my ego and this materialistic nightmare we have created and in the process awaken my spiritual self.

Watch My Videos!!

Click Picture PromoPaid WebPromoWhy PromoTeedo To View
Click Picture Kramer To View
Click Picture Arteries1941 URMyGirlWebPromo2 To View

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Ladies and Gentleman...Georgie W and the Supremes

7/27/2005

A co-worker the other day stuck his head over my cubicle wall and asked me a very serious question. He wanted to know how I felt about the President’s nomination for the Supreme Court.

I flatly told him "I couldn’t care less."

What?!?

That’s right. The way I look at it ANYBODY these fools in charge pick to replace the retiring Sandra Day O’Connor I will disapprove of. I am just assuming that the person who goes before congress for confirmation is diametrically opposed to my views and to freedom in general.

I wouldn’t care if they nominated Arlo Guthrie.

I derive that conclusion from the simple fact that these losers are OK with him.

So the scenario, no matter who is chosen, will be the same. A few Democrats, possibly Hillary Clinton and Ted Kennedy, will rattle their sabers, make a little noise and then the republican controlled everything will confirm him.

Well, you might be saying, isn’t that as bad as the ideologues who have turned our nation into a two-dimensional intellectual graveyard?

Maybe.

But I am reminded of an old quote from Ronald Reagan in the bad old "Evil Empire" days. I remember him saying, in one of his macho b-movie talk tough sessions,


If the Soviet Union were so "peace loving" how come their empire spans over 13 time zones?

So, shove that up your ass and pinch it.

Keeping that in mind, I ask myself, "How did the Republicans take over every branch of our government?"

Through block voting, intimidation and minimal regard for the truth, reason or what is best for us and humanity.

While sane and concerned people carefully considered all points of view trying to gather some kind of consensus that made sense, attempting to once again embrace hope, the Republican Party were cementing their rabinous hordes through fear and hate, practicing polished lines of "divide and conquer" and, most of all, pursuing policies specifically engineered to undermine tolerance.

They certainly didn’t yell "trick or treat" at us.

Nor did they use rationale or reason.


Post

Article in the New York Post



So, evidently, this is what my co-worker was referring to. The guy Bush picked is named John Roberts (pictured left). The only thing I know about this empty suit is that he is probably one huge jerk.

But, regardless, upon looking at this brilliant piece of journalism, what caught my eye was the headlineCOURT JESTER. At first I thought it referred to the President.

I thought it would have been fitting.

I know that was his nickname before he became Governer of Texas and eventually the President of the United States. It was given to him by board members of several corporations all of which took him in as a favor to his father during the 1970s and 1980s.

I immediately thought of the Walt Whitman quotes describing Abraham Lincoln that was featured in the Ken Burn’s documentary "The Civil War,"

Lincoln

Our 16th President.



"I saw him walking down the street and we nodded hello. I took this opportunity to study his face. It was one of great character with deep crevices of sorrow as if the burden of the whole nation were reflected in that face. No photograph could do it justice. Perhaps one of the great portrait painters from a century or so ago would capture the depth of his features. – Walt Whitman





I started to imagine a future documentary, perhaps 100 years from now, directed by the great-great grandson of Ken Burns called "The Great American Anal Rape,"

Bush

A drunkard coke fiend.



I saw him through the 64 bodyguards that separated him from the irate American public. I took this opportunity to study his face. That dull, lifeless face, so devoid of any compassion or curiosity, so consumed with childish vindictiveness that an overall aura of confusion emanated as thick as stifling smoke from a chimney. I clutched a poetry book to remind me that life is still worth living. – Maya Angelou





But I digress.

The old expression is that, "A picture is worth a thousand words," and the New York Post article is a perfect example.

Lets forget what they are saying because, quite frankly, they are most likely lying. But look at the woman on the right. I believe she is the judge’s wife and the mother of the two children also pictured.

As you noticed, the boy in the center is dancing up a storm while the President is speaking, causing much embarrassment to his mother. Look at her face, and HIS face for that matter. The only emotion displayed is rage. No hint of a slight smile at HER child doing what children do and being real cute at it too.

How could you blame this kid? Especially if he was yours?

He is a child, who would not be in a position to "embarrass" his obviously image conscious mother if his parents didn’t drag him onstage for some bull shit photo opportunity to prove to the American people that this workaholic is really a "great family man."

My guess is right after their done pimping out their kids they drop them off with some employee so they can take off to Barbados to knock back High Balls with some real "movers and shakers."

For Christ's sake, the kid is probably only doing his "Humpty Dance" only because he is starved for any kind of attention from his own parents who find him "inconvenient."

Want more proof?


Post2

The anger is STILL palpable.



Look at the daughter in the lower right.

Oh…I’m sorry. You didn’t notice her?

That’s because she is cowering in total terror behind her mother’s leg not wanting to be any part of this ridiculous charade, just wanting to go home because she is a child.

OK. You might say that, "C'mon, this is a still photograph. I bet you could find even Ghandi looking enraged beyond all reason at some point. Most likely this picture is taken out of context because no mother could be this inhuman."

Wrong again hotshot.

Look at this image. Judging by the position of the child, he is still in the middle of his jig so, one can conclude, that these gyrations lasted a little longer than a moment.

The mother still looks like she wants to crack him across the mouth.

The daughter still looks terrified, although neither of her parents seem that concerned.

Now before all you parents with small children out there get your panties in a twist, I understand that there are probably moments where your child is doing something inappropriate that is "cute" to an outsider but is annoying to you.

That is not the problem or the point of my observation.

What I am saying is that this photograph suggests that this Roberts guy is disingenuous at best but, judging by who his patron is, he is probably a conniving creep who will say anything you want to hear until he gets his shit hooks firmly planted in your cookie jar.

Then it’s "Show Time."

Why else would a man parade his kids onstage and have the whole Washington press corps take pictures of them, showing the world what a great dad he is, when it is obvious he puts his own ambition in front of his family’s comfort and well being?

That stage had all the subtlety of a foyer in a brothel.

Yeah. but what are ya goin' do?

In a perfect world, moments after this dog and pony show, these three degenerates would be hand-cuffed face down on Pennsylvania Ave for twenty minutes while a SWAT team riffles through their luggage because their Limo driver thought they looked "suspicious."

Why not?

They look pretty damn dangerous to me.

Sixth Army

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home