The Right Side of History

A collection of writings that attempt to connect the meaning of the major and minor events and distractions of today to a broader philosophy of life that tries to strip away the non-sense, spin and lies to reveal something that is closer to truth.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bronx, New York, United States

We need to realize that we are all prisoners and the prison guards are ourselves. I am trying as hard as I can to divorce myself from my ego and this materialistic nightmare we have created and in the process awaken my spiritual self.

Watch My Videos!!

Click Picture PromoPaid WebPromoWhy PromoTeedo To View
Click Picture Kramer To View
Click Picture Arteries1941 URMyGirlWebPromo2 To View

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

It's About Time!!!!!

6/29/2005

Any followers of this blog (Thank You for your patronage!!) must have noticed I haven’t written any overt political articles in awhile.

In fact, I think the last one was right after the November election or as I refer to it as “The Descent into the Maelstrom.” The fact is that the results of that horror show put me in such an ultra depressed mood about the state of our society.

I attempted to escape into meaningless pop culture type subjects. I was a defeated ostrich. I made sure I had my up-to-date passport and my original certified baptismal certificate easily accessible Just in case hordes of fools showed up at my door with pitchforks and torches.

I would blankly stare at my television set with my only friends being a dismissive pair of cats, a menthol filter and a tumbler half-full of cheap whiskey, resigned to the fate of our society. Waiting listlessly for the tragic end of the American Experiment.

Well, I’m still here so, guess what?

BAM…

I’ m right back in this bitch!


Did you ever, while making the “plain as the nose on your face” observation that the policies of the present administration have put the United States in a disastrous position in Iraq to a Bush supporter/enabler, have run across the following retort?

The problem with you __________ (Democrats, Liberals, Communists, Free Thinkers who hold on to the belief that 2 + 2 = 4) is that you only can point out the problems with out having any solutions.


Besides the obvious give away that their thought process is primitive and simplistic by their immediate need to label you as some part of a group, this statement is no rebuttal at all but, do not kid yourself, it requires a great deal of skill to defuse.

So, the next time it happens to you, and for some reason you don’t walk away and view the orator the same way Fundamentalist Born Again Christians view me, as a lost soul, here are two ways you can tackle this uninformed sheep.


With Reason



I highly recommend you avoid this tactic, but if your sense of sanity forces you to meet this challenge with considered ideas go to PDA America.org and print it out. The site contains a point by point strategy to get us the hell out of America’s latest quagmire in an attempt to salvage as much dignity as possible from this irreversible mess.

Again it all makes sense but most likely it will fall on deaf ears because your quarry will sense that you actually thought about your answer.


Fight Fire With Fire



Here is a complete list of the White House Cabinet. It is accurate because I copied it from the official web site Whitehouse.gov:


The President: George W Bush
The Vice President: Richard B. Cheney
Environmental Protection Agency: Stephen Johnson
Office of National Drug Control Policy: John Walters
White House Chief of Staff: Andrew H. Card, Jr.
Office of Management and Budget: Joshua B. Bolten
Department of Housing & Urban Development: Secretary Alphonso Jackson
United States Trade Representative: Ambassador Rob Portman
Department of Homeland Security: Secretary Michael Chertoff
Department of Veterans Affairs: Secretary Jim Nicholson
Department of Health & Human Services: Secretary Michael O. Leavitt
Department of the Treasury: Secretary John Snow
Department of Transportation: Secretary Norman Mineta
Department of Energy: Secretary Samuel W. Bodman
Department of Education: Secretary Margaret Spellings
Department of State: Secretary Condoleezza Rice
Department of Defense: Secretary Donald Rumsfeld
Department of Labor: Secretary Elaine Chao
Department of Commerce: Secretary Carlos Gutierrez
Department of Justice : Attorney General Alberto Gonzales
Department of Agriculture :Secretary Mike Johanns
Department of the Interior: Secretary Gale Norton



On the site, each name is accompanied by a picture and, let me tell you, I had to double check the address because once I saw these grotesques staring at me, each with an insidious plastic smile that barely concealed their inhuman lack of compassion, I thought I accidentally stumbled upon a new Wes Craven or George A. Romero Movie Web Site. Nope, they weren’t B actors portraying the latest screen ghouls; it was our “elected” government.

Even if your adversary thinks you don’t have “the answers” doesn’t the fact that he/she thinks there NEEDS to be answers imply there is a serious problem?

If that is the case then, at the VERY LEAST, every single one of these clowns should be held accountable for our current mess.

It is all on them.

They should all be thrown out of government (In a perfect world in leg irons) and NEVER be allowed to have ANY kind of authority over anything ever again.

They are drunk drivers who wreck your car and then blame you for lending them the keys.

Oh, and remember one more name when you read off this rouges gallery to your war supporting friend:

Marine Cpl. Chad W. Powell
Age 22
from West Monroe, LA
.


These guys killed him last week.

How many more dead American kids is it going to take before Bush country will even admit that THESE PEOPLE fucked up?

10,000?

20,000?

Just give me a number...
so I’ll know when I can start talking again.
Sixth Army

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home