The Right Side of History

A collection of writings that attempt to connect the meaning of the major and minor events and distractions of today to a broader philosophy of life that tries to strip away the non-sense, spin and lies to reveal something that is closer to truth.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bronx, New York, United States

We need to realize that we are all prisoners and the prison guards are ourselves. I am trying as hard as I can to divorce myself from my ego and this materialistic nightmare we have created and in the process awaken my spiritual self.

Watch My Videos!!

Click Picture PromoPaid WebPromoWhy PromoTeedo To View
Click Picture Kramer To View
Click Picture Arteries1941 URMyGirlWebPromo2 To View

Thursday, July 14, 2005

Liberté, Egalité, Fraternité

7/14/2005

I know from the time we are school children whenever the subject of the French Revolution is broached we are immediately told how “brutal” and “barbaric” the revolutionaries were.

If you remember your old social studies days on that subject, you will remember how the period known as the “Reign of Terror” (1792-1794) is emphasized and not the fact that these ordinary people went to extraordinary lengths because their government had completely failed them in every way.


French Revolution

Les Misérables


As I grow older
The more I read
The more I observe
The more I understand

It is clear that The System keeps arbitrarily decided fates in place.
It is clear that we are taught to hate each other to keep us divided.
It is clear that the term “Status Quo” is the enemy of humanity.
It is clear that true power is not something that is given.

The more I understand these things
The more the French of the late 1700s don’t seem “barbaric” at all.

In fact,
They seem more like heroes to me.


HAPPY BASTILLE DAY!!!
Sixth Army

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home