The Right Side of History

A collection of writings that attempt to connect the meaning of the major and minor events and distractions of today to a broader philosophy of life that tries to strip away the non-sense, spin and lies to reveal something that is closer to truth.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bronx, New York, United States

We need to realize that we are all prisoners and the prison guards are ourselves. I am trying as hard as I can to divorce myself from my ego and this materialistic nightmare we have created and in the process awaken my spiritual self.

Watch My Videos!!

Click Picture PromoPaid WebPromoWhy PromoTeedo To View
Click Picture Kramer To View
Click Picture Arteries1941 URMyGirlWebPromo2 To View

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Baseball Is The Constant




10/11/2005

As many of you already know, the New York Yankees and their 200+ Million payroll, were knocked out of the Baseball post-season yesterday by the considerably less rich Anaheim Angels in the fifth game of a five game series by the score of 5 to 3.

Although many teams in the league would be satisfied with JUST making the playoffs, with the kind of money the owner George Steinbrenner spent, needless to say, this first round elimination fell far short of the expectations the organization had at the beggining of the year.

After the game, the hordes of sports writers invaded the Yankees' clubhouse to get the reactions of the disappointed players.

I want to thank Steve Sommers who was doing the "overnight" show last night after the game on 660 WFAN-NY Sports Talk Radio, for playing these two very illuminating audio clips (Which I reprint here verbatim. ) of two of the team's biggest stars, responding to a very typical inane question, from a clueless beat writer, which went something like:

How do you feel about the loss tonight and the year?


Jeter

It's hard, the season's over. It's tough to swallow, but they played better than us. They beat us. We didn't succeed. That's the bottom line. We don't go into the season saying 'hopefully we make the playoffs this year' we go into the season trying to win a Championship and it didn't happen this year so, this is not a successful season, by no stretch of the imagination.

DEREK JETER




A-Rod





I had a great year, something I'm very proud of. I left my guts on the field, I left my heart out there. I'm not going to hang my head. I'm going to learn from it and become a better Yankee.

ALEX RODRIGUEZ




And THAT, my friends, is the difference between a WINNER and a LOSER.

And before you get your Long-Johns all stuck up in the crack of your ass, I know how great A-Hole's numbers are. When you compare them to Derek Jeter's it's no-contest, right?

In fact, I looked their lifetime statistics on Baseball-Reference.com:

Alex Rodriguez

12 Seasons
1901 Hits
429 Home Runs
1226 RBIs
226 Stolen Bases
.307 Batting Average


Derek Jeter

11 Seasons
1936 Hits
169 Home Runs
763 RBIs
215 Stolen Bases
.314 Batting Average



Nice numbers.

Hall of fame numbers for sure.

Hell, Fuck-Rod might even be the Home Run Champ when it's all said and done.

I guess I had my head up my rectum again.

Oh wait a minute...

Silly me, I forgot the most important stat of them all:

Derek Jeter - 4 Championship Rings
Alex Rodriguez - Nil


Don't tell me what's right and wrong.

Fantasy Players LOVE Alex Rodriguez...
Baseball Fans pick Jeter.
Lawrence Blanchard


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home