The Right Side of History

A collection of writings that attempt to connect the meaning of the major and minor events and distractions of today to a broader philosophy of life that tries to strip away the non-sense, spin and lies to reveal something that is closer to truth.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bronx, New York, United States

We need to realize that we are all prisoners and the prison guards are ourselves. I am trying as hard as I can to divorce myself from my ego and this materialistic nightmare we have created and in the process awaken my spiritual self.

Watch My Videos!!

Click Picture PromoPaid WebPromoWhy PromoTeedo To View
Click Picture Kramer To View
Click Picture Arteries1941 URMyGirlWebPromo2 To View

Monday, December 04, 2006

Art for Art's Sake



12/4/2006


I know there are many of you out there who do not have basic cable. For philosophical reasons, you deprive yourself of one of the greatest developments of the modern world. Hundreds of channels of informative programming and quality entertainment could be at your fingertips at the flip of a switch but...no. You prefer to sit in your ivory tower looking down on the masses.

Well, don’t worry. It is not too late. You still have one day to break your self imposed exile and rejoin the land of the informed.

Tomorrow night on the USA Network at 9PM, it is the world television premiere of PATCH ADAMS!


Patch Adams
Solid




With one telephone call, you could be watching Academy Award winning actor Robin Williams do schtick for 90 minutes while the other actors stand around watching, so removed from the star’s self-contained gags that all they could do is look directly into the camera and laugh. To break the monotony of this continuous yuk-fest, scenes of Williams directing serious righteous indignation at “The Man” are peppered throughout. These scenes (pictured above) are used to reassure the viewer that they are actually watching a film with a narrative instead of footage of a very unstable, talented man crying for help. Desperate cries which fall upon deaf ears. The working title of most of these projects is “I’m Dancing as Fast as I Can.”

So stop being such an elitist bastard and order…
You don’t know what you’re missing.

Larry

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quite a confusing posting, and perhaps a hint of hubris, but I'm sure there is a point to what you're saying. You might need to explain this point to the "masses," (who might not have basic cable), who are lost as to the point of this entry, and once explained, "intelligent" comments can be posted.

Thanks.

12/04/2006 4:10 PM  
Blogger Paul O'Connell said...

it's called sarcasm

12/04/2006 5:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Word. Get a clue, anonymous!

- robespierre

12/04/2006 7:42 PM  
Blogger Rick said...

...and once explained, "intelligent" comments can be posted.

Who needs "intelligent" comments when stupid anonymous comments like yours are so entertaining?

12/05/2006 1:11 AM  
Blogger Larry B said...

Thanks for the support guys.

When I saw the first comment I re-read my post just to make sure I am not losing my mind. Afterwards, I concluded that I am OK. I have concluded that the attitude exhibited in certain comments have little to do with the contents of whatever post is in question.

In other words, Anon is starting to sound "played."

12/05/2006 1:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Birds of a feather....."

12/07/2006 4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home