The Right Side of History

A collection of writings that attempt to connect the meaning of the major and minor events and distractions of today to a broader philosophy of life that tries to strip away the non-sense, spin and lies to reveal something that is closer to truth.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bronx, New York, United States

We need to realize that we are all prisoners and the prison guards are ourselves. I am trying as hard as I can to divorce myself from my ego and this materialistic nightmare we have created and in the process awaken my spiritual self.

Watch My Videos!!

Click Picture PromoPaid WebPromoWhy PromoTeedo To View
Click Picture Kramer To View
Click Picture Arteries1941 URMyGirlWebPromo2 To View

Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Willful Ignorance



It is a dark and gloomy Wednesday afternoon in New York City. We find ourselves in the office of Irving H. Picard, the Trustee for the liquidation of the Bernard L. Madoff fraud case. He is meeting with Fred Wilpon and his son Jeff who are the owners of the New York Mets baseball franchise. Evidently, the Wilpons invested - and withdrew - large sums of money with Madoff before he went belly up leading some to believe they knew it was all a Ponzi scheme.

Let's listen in:





Give me a check for a hundred grand plus three hundred in cash and I guarantee you walk on the conspiracy charge. But they're gonna come back at us on a tax evasion, and they'll get it.









So, what am I looking at here?











Five years. You'll be out in three. Maybe less, if I can make a deal.









Three fucking years! For what? Washing money? The fucking country was built on washed money.









It can't be that bad. It's not like Cuba.









What the fuck you talking?











The jails here are like hotels.









You kidding me or what? You fucking high or what?







I'll delay the trial. A year and a half, two years. You won't even start...









Fuck you, man! I'm not going back in no cage, okay? No way. I been there. Okay.






















Look, Irving, I go another four hundred grand. That's 800,000 dollars. With that kind of money, you can buy the supreme court.







Fred, the law has to prove beyond a reasonable doubt. I'm an expert at raising that doubt. But when you got a million three undeclared dollars staring into a videotape camera, honey baby, it's hard to convince a jury you found it in a taxicab.



I know I'm not convinced.



Will you please just sell the team already?




Larry B

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Rick said...

Larry! Exactly one year between posts. You should have told us you were going avant garde! ;-)
Hope you've been well.

2/04/2011 4:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why haven't you posted in such along time? There is so much going on now! Hope to see your writings again!

4/06/2013 12:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home